Thursday, July 3, 2014

At Home Workout with Xbox One Kinect


As some of you may know by following me on Instagram is that I started to do at home workouts on xbox one. Yes I'm working out with my xbox one. When I saw the pre launch previews to the xbox one. I was most excited about the fitness aspect to it. Even though I was over 4 months pregnant at the time.
Before I was pregnant I had weight 90 lbs from Jr High and up to 25.

So I never had to workout or watch my weight.
After I had my son. I saw that I had gained some pounds. Which I was not happy with. I have always loved running, basketball,  soccer,  golf and I loved working out. I'm not gonna lie, it took me  awhile to get to get motivated and put my foot down and get on losing these pounds.
It's hard to go to the gym for me because of my 7 month old and it's alot of work. Packing his stuff and getting him ready to just go to the gym for an hour or two.
So I did what any gamergirl would do. And I turned to my xbox one.
The app is called Xbox Fitness.
It's has your everyday workout videos. That you can find at your local Target or Walmart.
But with the Kinect incorporated into the workout. Has really made working out motivational,  fun, easy and more real.
I got asked if it was a game and if you had to pay for it.
Well its not a game. Your really working out but you are getting achievements unlocked and your work is being recognized like a game. But it also tracks your heart rate and tells you how many calories you have burned at the end of the workout.
Now the cost for the app is free. You do need a Kinect monitor to be able to really use this app. So that is an extra cost if you didnt buy your console with it included as a bundle.
There are different workout videos available. From the famous Insanity to Jillian Michaels workout.
Which are what I'm doing.
I did buy a mat and dumbells.
I recommend you at least have a mat because the carpet or hard flooring can me uncomfortable. And the dumbells really add to your workout. Not all workout require these items, some may have a pull up bar etc.
There are alot of videos provided free of cost if you already have an xbox live gold membership. And the ones that are not free, still offer you a free workout that you can do as many times you like. Which is great because it helps you figure out if you really think the workout is for you.
Now onto the whole experience of xbox fitness. It's really great for beginners who may not be familiar with workout moves or know how to perform the correctly. The Kinect reads your every move as you workout with the video. It's really beautiful how xbox incorporated the Kinect into the video. The flaws are that you can just stand there for certain moves and the Kinect thinks your workingout.  Also if you dont have a big enough space to workout if may not be able to see you for floor positions.
I had to adjust my Kinect a certain way until I knew it could find me.
But after that I had a solid workout with out any mishaps.
WOW I should have really just done a video on this.
But I will be back with part 2 of my At Home Workout ventures. Because I still have alot to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment