Friday, June 13, 2014

Baby Food Making Machine

While I was still pregnant with my son.
I did what every new mom did and walked Babies R Us up and down.
Any baby section of any store really.
And I really looked at the baby food. In the jar, in a tub and I even bought some pouches to see what was inside.
I was not impressed at all!
I had made my decision that when the time came. My son was not gonna eat that stuff.
Like every new mom we are easy targets to baby marketing.
I thought I need the Baby Bullet.
But as I did more research. A blender or food processor is really the only thing you need to get started.
Awhile back I found a blender on clearance for less than $10 at Target. I had set it aside just for baby food. Then i remembered i had a small blender already. That resembles the baby bullet.
So I gave it a go.

1st on the list is rice cereal.
So I bought organic brown rice and blended it into a fine dust. It looks like saw dust.
I was very much so impressed.

=

Next was the real test and that was making Avocado puree.
It blended up so nicely.


Yeah I was pumped to see how easy this homemade baby food business was so easy.

Then i found that freezing the food in ice cube trays and bagging was best for storing.

I have been unstoppable ever since.

This past Tuesday I made green beans, peaches, pears and apples.
That is the most I have made in one day.





Dont get me wrong. It is work prepping, cooking and cleaning. Storing is my biggest obstacle. Luckly my mother in law has an extra freezer in her basement.

All that aside, it is very beneficial for my baby. He is having real food with texture. Also considering how much baby food costs. You get more bang for your buck making it yourself. And dont worry I wont tell if we eat some of the food to. Like I said It is hard work.

Well i hope if your having a baby or have a baby that you have started to make healthy decisions for him or her. It starts here.

Please leave any questions you may have.


1 comment:

  1. I have a baby buellet I recieved as a gift and a small blender looks like the same one too and they work just the same!

    ReplyDelete